Surprise a random person, by showing your kindness!
We’ve gone through life daily, passing time and feeling bored from our routine work, well some of us do! Why not make your day and someone’s day interesting by doing some good to a total stranger? Just like Pay It Forward, if you’ve not heard of it, watch the movie!
I’ve paid for a total stranger drinks in a kopitiam before as well and the feeling of doing a little kindness to a stranger even without a Thank You, I did felt great! Of course, if someone do thank me, I’ll be extremely glad! So Here’s a list of Random Act of Kindness I’ve received via a forwarded email.
Random Act Of Kindness List of Ideas
1. Compliment a stranger sincerely
2. Write a thank you note to your office colleague/waiter/waitress/postman/courier man etc
3. Put together a writing kit with stationery, envelopesand stamps, pen and give to old folks home – ol skool style
4. Drop off a toy or game at a hospital/childrens’ home
5. Send a picture you have taken which includes a friend and send it to them with a note remembering when it was taken
6. Open the phone book, pick a name, and send them something (movie tickets, thank you card, book, etc.) anonymously.
7. Take flowers to a hospital ward and give them to someone who hasn’t had any visitors.
8. Take some food/flowers etc. to a senior citizen nearby
9. Invite someone who is alone over for dinner.
10. Put a quarter in a parking meter that has expired
11. Make a point of introducing yourself to someone you see all of the time but never say hello to.
12. Drop off cookies at a random establishment
13. Give a hand to someone who has lots to carry
14. plant a tree
15. Buy some food for a beggar
16. Let someone jump the queue at the bank.
17. Treat a friend to the movies/dinner for no reason.
18. Pick up rubbish in the road which would otherwise be lying around.
19. Give another driver your parking spot.
20. pay it forward
21. at the toll, pay for the car behind you.
22. Celebrate Valentine’s Day in October
23. kindness towards the environment. Participate in a cleanup.
24. don’t drive for a day. take public transportation
26. volunteer some where
27. buy a stranger dessert
28. mail a book to a stranger
29. share your umbrella with a stranger
30. Restrain from saying anything negative to anyone for a day
31. cook for someone
32. call a stranger and sing a song
33. Make a birdbath from a plastic dish and put it out.
34. As gifts, give houseplants to teachers, friends, or coworkers.
35. Infect someone with a random kindness virus.